Losing weight is actually easy, if the total number of calories burned per day is higher than the total number of calories consumed per day, one will definitely lose weight. But the calorie intake shouldn’t go below 1200 a day for women and 1800 a day for men.
Now it depends on you, whether you want to lose fat or the overall body weight. Sometimes people follow a GM diet ( eating only fruits/veggies etc ) or other low calorie diet to lose weight within a short period of time. Such people end up losing their hard earned muscle and water weight. As a result they become weak and fail to get their expected body shape.
So, in order to lose body fat and earn a really great body you must follow a protein rich diet. As protein intake increases metabolism and keeps you fuller it helps you lose weight. The DRI (Dietary Reference Intake) is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.
I have lost 10 kgs of body weight naturally and here’s how I did it –
1. Use theto find out how much calories you actually need everyday to lose a significant amount of weight.
2. Now that you know your exact calorie goal, try to get those from the healthiest sources possible and plan your meals accordingly. You can also log your food and count the calories here –
3. Eat breakfast to jump start your metabolism. For me oatmeal worked the best, the other healthy options are – whole wheat/multi grain bread with peanut butter or low fat cheese, omelet with veggies, oatmeal prepared with water/milk and fruits etc.
4. Eat small frequent meals (every 2-3 hours).
5. Try to drink as much water as you can. ( Min 8 glasses of water is recommended, my water intake was min 3-4 liters).
6. Remove all processed food, junk food , alcohol, soda and sweets from your daily list and replace those with real and whole food like fruits, vegetables , eggs, meat, milk etc.
7. Make snacking on healthy food like almonds, fruits, sandwich, hard boiled egg, yogurt etc a habit.
8. Include exercise in your daily routine. Exercise not only burns extra calories but also increases metabolism. If you don’t have access to a gym then go for walk, go cycling, swimming etc. Get at least 150 minutes a week of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes a week of vigorous aerobic activity.
9. Try to eat less carbs (especially avoid white rice) in your dinner and finish your dinner 2-3 hours before bed time.
10 . Get enough sleep everyday ( 6-8 hours ). Poor sleep can ruin your weight loss plans.
11. A huge part of losing weight is believing that you can do it and realizing it’s not going to happen overnight.
I hope these tips will help you lose weight. Best of luck on your weight loss journey.