Drink 2 cups of water before your meals to fill you up – so you eat less.
- Add more spice to your meals to boost metabolism and lose weight.
- Lose the salt. Sodium contributes to water retention, making you look and feel bloated. This is a quick and efficient way to lose body weight, although it might mostly just be water weight.
- Sleep well. As funny as it sounds, sleep deprivation may make you fat — and not just because you’re susceptible to cases of the late-night munchies.
- Avoid calories in a glass. Drinking a grande caffe mocha, for instance, won’t make you feel satiated the way eating a bowl of pasta will. You’re still more likely to want a second cup from Starbucks than another plate of pasta. So monitor your intake of juice, soda, coffee drinks and wine.
- Drink green tea. Green tea has many positive metabolism and weight loss effects. It helps offset excess estrogen levels in the body – which is a major fat loss hindering hormone. Drinking green tea burns about 70 additional calories in a 24-hour period. Those 70 calories a day add up to a total of 7.3 pounds of fat a year! Metabolism-enhancing antioxidants known as catechins, are found in green tea.
- Eat every meal. Skipping meals will not make you lose weight faster. That strategy backfires because your body thinks food is in short supply, so it slows your metabolism in order to conserve energy. Over time, the result is that when you do eat — even if you consume the same foods as always — your body will be slower to use the calories as fuel, thus creating a backlog of unwanted pounds.
- Drink more water. Drinking 64 ounces of water daily is one of the easiest ways to speed up weight loss. Your body needs water in order to efficiently metabolize stored fat. When you shortchange your supply, you’re likely to slow down that process, meaning it’s more difficult for you to burn calories.